Registration with the CRBOH is through examination. Exams are administered semi-annually.
Please be advised that the 2021 ROHT® written examination dates are:
March 27, 2021 (application deadline is February 1, 2021)
October 2, 2021 (application deadline is August 1, 2021)
The applications for the ROHT® examination processes must be received by the CRBOH before the deadline to be considered for eligibility to challenge the exam in that same year.
Applications for the examination will not be reviewed until all the information has been received by the Registrar: An application is considered complete when the following has been forwarded to CRBOH:
- Completed and signed candidate application form
- Copies of education transcripts
- Payment of application fee ($350)
- Professional references sent from all required references.
Note that upon review of application, additional information may be requested by CRBOH in support of the application.
ROHT® Examination Details
The ROHT® examination is a one day written examination consisting of multiple choice, short answer and essay questions. The multiple choice section consists of approximately 150 questions, all of equal value. Marks are given only for correct answers. In the remaining portion of the exam, candidates will be presented with short answer and essay questions. All questions must be answered. Point form answers are not acceptable.
Candidates for the ROHT® examination are expected to be familiar with a broad range of occupational hygiene topics, including:
- Basic background science (chemistry, physics, mathematics, anatomy, and physiology)-regulations, legislation and other standard setting bodies (Canada Labour Code, Provincial Health and Safety Legislation, CSA).
- Recognition of hazards and their effects (chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic stressors).
- Evaluation (field sampling instruments and strategies, exposure limits, hygiene calculations).
- Control (engineering, administrative, personal protective equipment). Miscellaneous (training, planning/policy, labour relations).